Monday, December 10, 2012

Insanity. Here we go again...

Today was my official first/brutal workout with Insanity. It ended three hours ago and I am propped up on an ice pack and I just took some Tylenol PM. I already cannot move. I have been down this road many times before and I know that when I am sore this fast....then I won't be able to walk tomorrow! 

After Cerly turned 6 weeks old I committed to the 60 day Insanity program and I finished. It was one of the hardest things I ever did but it was so good for me.  I don't think I have ever worked that hard in my life. Being up all night and then waking up at 6 to workout before the girls got up was insanity in itself and I don't know how I did it.

Well....I am attempting it again. I felt so healthy after I finished those 60 days and I want to feel that way again. I struggled bad this pregnancy, ate lots of french fries, did not exercise at all because of my back, and now it is time to pay for all of that fun! I am the most out of shape I have been in years and I want to feel good again.

So as insane as it sounds to try to workout with three little kids....I am going to do it. I have no idea where I am going to find the energy but it is what I have to do. 

Beauties--many of you have asked about the next Challenge and I just don't know yet. I wish that I could commit to running a challenge right now because I miss you guys dearly.  But life is exhausting right now and I know that I cannot do it well and keep up with you guys like I am used to. I hope that things settle down soon  but for now I just can't pull it off. Three kids has rocked my world and I am still trying to find some balance.

However, if you need a boost then print out an old Challenge sheet and start it with me on your own! I started today and I will be doing it if that helps. And you know you can always email me and keep in touch if you are doing it on your own. You know I love to hear from you guys!
My plan is to do the Insanity workouts, drink Advocare shakes every day, take the vitamins and follow the Challenge guidelines. I am telling you readers because this is my accountability! Todays workout was so hard for me so I know it is going to be a long road. It is amazing how out of shape a person can get in 9 months. 

Anytime new ladies have joined the Challenge, many of them ask me the same question:

They say..."What is the key to losing the weight? Or how do you lose the pregnancy weight?"

There is only ONE answer....

HARD WORK AND SELF CONTROL. (consistently)

Hard work with the exercise. Self control with the food.

Forget all the diets out there....they will just be an up and down cycle. But if you work hard and eat right then the weight will come off. It is a simple math problem with calories.....it WILL come off.

So that is the goal. No matter how hard it is....or how tired I am....it is time to work hard and find self control again. I definitely lost it about the second month of pregnancy! 

Ross, Audra and Courtney worked out with me today and that made it so much easier not to quit. Audree was in the swing and she did pretty good herself  :)

Let the INSANITY begin!!!!

 

And just a funny picture. You can really see how tiny Audree is when you look at her like this! I can't believe she will be two months old soon and she is still so little. The other two were never this tiny at this age....





post signature

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I'll be thinking and praying for you! I'm so proud of you for starting so soon to get back on track. I know that you'll somehow find the energy to make it happen everyday.
I'm doing my own little challenge while I try to get off the last little bit of baby weight. (Is it even called baby weight when your baby is 16 months old?!) So when I work out, I'll pray for you and hopefully thinking of ya will give me strength to keep going and lose this weight!
Love ya!

The Ziebarth Family said...

I started Insanity this past month and really love it! I use it as a hybrid with P90x and I love them both! I've been stuck for quite a while on the same pounds but my dr says maybe that's the most healthy weight for me. Oh we'll, I will always try! Praying with and for you! I will also be following the Challenge with you!